If you are going to travel on your own terms, you are going to need some help getting yourself organized. This list of resources is designed to help you plan, pack and travel efficiently.
Packing Lists & Gear
- The Ultra Light Packing list
- Packing list to Serve Both Hiking & Sightseeing
- Best Travel Gear for the Carry-On Traveler
- Use Trip Advisor for researching and booking activities. The forums for great for asking specific questions.
- Even though I’ve disobeyed Rick Steves all over Europe, his guides are useful for travel planning. As are the Lonely Planet guides the rest of the world.
- I’m happy to try to help you as well, comment on a post, contact me or like the Wayfaring Views Facebook page.
- Skyscanner and Google’s ITA Matrix are both great for searching a wide selection of fares and finding deals.
- Stay local with an AirBnB. You can get $40 off your first booking by using this link.
- For booking hotels in the US you should price shop using an site like Hotels.com but also check the hotel’s website as they sometimes offer unadvertised discounts or packages.
- Use Booking.com when booking into Europe, South America or as a price comparison to Hotels.com.
- And Agoda.com is good for Asia.
- My sweetspot is smaller guesthouses and B&Bs. But they often don’t list on the big sites. You can find them through Trip Advisor and then book there, or link through to the inn’s website.
Protecting Your Travel Investment
- I have an annual travel insurance plan with Allianz Travel Insurance