While life on the Camino can be very simple, planning your Camino de Santiago pilgrimage (especially for first timers) can be quite a bit of effort. No worries, we are here to help you plan for your perfect pilgrimage.
Let’s start with two completely free Camino planning tools. They include a printable packing list and an editable Camino budgeting spreadsheet. Then keep scrolling down further for a full list of our Camino planning guides and inspirational articles.
Printable Packing List
Our first Camino planning tool is a downloadable, printable PDF of our Camino packing list. It includes everything you need to have a primed pack that isn’t too heavy. Print it and check off your items while you pack and you won’t forget a thing.
Click here to download your packing list PDF. Now get packing!
Editable Budgeting Tool
The second tool is a Camino budgeting spreadsheet. It will help you figure out how much money you need to plan to spend while on the Camino. Just go to our doc on the Google drive and “save as” your own editable version.
Click here to get your Camino budgeting spreadsheet.
More Camino Planning Tools
Practical Planning Tools
- Advice on the best Camino apps and Camino guidebooks, and which choice may be the best for you.
- Practical tips for the first time Camino pilgrim.
- What it’s like to stay in an albergue (everything you need to know).
- Common start points for the Camino, with distances.
- How to organize your Camino from Burgos.
- How to start your Camino in St Jean Pied de Port.
- Advice for buying your perfect Camino backpack.
- Advice to buy Camino shoes (and tips for caring for your feet).
- Guide to spending time in Madrid.
- Inspirational Camino books.
- Inspirational Camino movies.
- Practical and inspirational advice from other women who have done the Camino de Santiago solo.
- Why I went back to do the Camino a second time.